For anyone who wants to get married someday –
Do not get married if:
1. You like for dirty clothes to be IN the hamper instead of on the floor BESIDE the hamper.
2. You don’t like it when glasses get left on the coffee table, kitchen table, kitchen counter, bedside table….
3. You don’t want to keep a budget or keep yourself and someone else accountable for money.
4. You like having food stay in your refrigerator for longer than a few minutes after it’s been bought before it mysteriously disappears into someone who is apparently a bottomless pit.
5. You want to eat what you want, when you want, without having to ask someone else’s opinion.
6. You want to go where you want, when you want, without having to ask someone else’s opinion.
7. You don’t want to smacked in the face in the middle of the night by someone who likes to steal the covers but claims he never does.
8. You don’t like being shown how prideful and self-centered you really are.
DO get married if:
1. You want to live life with your best friend.
2. You enjoy laughing together over ridiculous things.
3. You want to be sharpened and have the best brought out in you.
4. You want to bring the best out in someone else.
5. You want to experience the joy of putting someone else’s needs above your own.
6. You want to experience someone loving and serving you when you don’t deserve it at all.
7. You want to be kept accountable for your words and actions.
8. You want to come home every day to a smiling face, kisses, and HUGE hugs.
9. You get a kick out of your husband randomly running into the room, pointing his wand at you, and yelling, “EXPELLIARMUS!!” (Ok, that’s really specific, but it’s happened and it’s too funny not to share.)
10. You want to see how God will always provide. Always.
If there is one thing I have realized in the past five months, it’s that God has given me more than I ever would have asked or imagined. Marriage isn’t everything, but it is a good thing, a wonderful gift from God. And God has used it to demonstrate to me His faithfulness and eternal love for His people.
I’d definitely recommend it.
And just for the record, I wouldn’t trade the clothes on the floor, empty glasses, stolen covers, getting smacked in the face in the middle of the night, disappearing food, constant sports updates, budgets, random burping, and constant humbling, for anything.